Residents of Geneva City and the townships of Geneva, Austinburg, Harpersfield, and Trumbull
With the desire to serve, the ability to perform, and the courage to act, we responded to 2,417 calls for help in 2013.
Dedication, devotion, and commitment to the community we serve enables us to live up to our mission statement, “Everything we think, say and do, ought to be in the best interest of the patient.”
Our mission statement is a lofty goal made possible by the continued strong support of the people we serve, attention to detail, training, and cutting edge equipment.
Please take time now to renew your ambulance membership for 2014 and while it is on your mind, ask family and friends to do the same. Additional membership packets may be obtained by calling the NAD office at 440-466-4900.
I remain; very truly yours,
Vincent T. Gildone EMTP / CHSIV
Northwest Ambulance District
To all of our CPR Clients:
In attempts to keep up with the times Northwest Ambulance has decided to change the ways of signing up for CPR classes that we host at our facility. This change will not only decrease the amount of phone calls coming into our office but allow for better money management and attendee tracking with pre-registration and prepaying. It will also allow us to better keep records of all students taught here at NAD in case replacement cards are needed in the future.
With that being said, we are switching over to an internet based payment and registration system. The link to this site can be found on our website, www.northwestambulance.com. As of July 1st we will also be increasing the cost of our classes to $15.00. This is still considerably less amount that almost all other classes offered in the area. Payment will be accepted by online check, credit card or PayPal. Special arrangements may be made for cash payments but all attendees must be pre-paid.
Please follow the link to sign your employees up for the appropriate classes. We apologize for any inconvenience this will cause but it will make things 100 % easier on our side. We will be here to assist you with any questions / concerns you may have.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and willing to work with us through any kinks that may arise.
Northwest Ambulance District CPR Instructors
"EMS providers play an integral role in our nation's health care system"
- Senator Crapo
H.R. 809 recognizes the prudent need to ensure life saving EMS professionals have the adequate resources to maintain their capability to effectively respond to emergencies.
What's in the Field EMS Bill?
- A new EMS EQUIP (quality improvement) grant program for EMS agencies that demonstrate need, regardless of delivery model, to assist with hiring, training and equipping EMS practictioners.
- A grant program for state EMS offices to strengthen and support system coordination and preparedness.
- Designation of Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as the primary federal EMS and trauma programs into one office with HHS.
- Support for physician-led guidelines for medical oversight and direction, evaluation of medical liability and reimbursement issues affecting medical direction, and enhancement of data collection and integration of patient medical information.
- Testing and evaluation of innovative models for access and delivery of field EMS, including alternative dispositions of patients not requiring transport to a hospital.
- Research in field EMS to further improve quality, outcomes and promote the adoption of cost-effective treatment in the field.
If you are interested in reading the bill, click this link.
To all EMS / First Responders...
Please take time to read up on (EVD) - Ebola Virus Disease. Please also read the (HAN) Health Alert Network attached.
Vincent T. Gildone